Do I really need it?
Could this be you?
Each year thousands of Australians are injured, suffer a serious illness or die unexpectedly.
If this happened in your family would you be able to afford:
- The monthly mortgage payment?
- Continuing education expenses?
- The cost of additional home help?
- The living expenses of your current lifestyle?
- Sufficient retirement savings?
The loss of family income and increased medical costs may force the sale of the family home, the sale of other assets or the running down of savings. Your hopes of giving your children the right start in life may be dashed. Your family may no longer be able to afford life's little luxuries. Insurance can help you to protect against such a scenario.
When should you consider insurance?
Any time is a good time to review your personal situation. However there are certain events during life which should prompt consideration of cover such as:
- Getting married
- Having children
- Buying property or any other asset involving debt
- Starting your own business
- Setting up a Self Managed Super Fund
- Putting together a Financial Plan
You should review your insurance needs at least annually to take account of changes in your circumstances.
Wealth protection is an essential part of every financial plan. It provides an agreed financial benefit on the happening of an insured event. Without income protection, trauma, life and TPD insurance, the wealth you’ve built can rapidly erode as a result of an accident, illness or death.
Are you one of the many under insured in Australia?